Double Click on Parallels Dock Icon in Ver 4.0

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by kevinw, Nov 13, 2008.

1. kevinw

kevinw Hunter

Does not open Parallels - In fact is doesn't do anything. The only way I can get the a program open is by right clicking the mouse and selecting Applications/Start Menu. In 3.0 version double clicking on the dock icon brought up the "Start Menu" for Windows. So what happened?

2. biglar

biglar Pro

Try deleting the icon and then reinstalling it with the new application icon found in the Parallels folder.

3. alargent

alargent Junior Member

Weird. Is it just that you have to return focus to Parallels before you can click on the icon and get it to open the Start menu?

It's kind of a pain that it doesn't open when you first click on it, but once I first do that, if I click again after a second, it will open the menu.

4. kevinw

kevinw Hunter

No, first I did try deleting the icon from the tray and copying the icon in the applications folder. No success.

I have tried to single click and double click (which is what 3.0 required) to get it to run and it won't do anything, even with the focus brought back to Parallels?

5. alargent

alargent Junior Member

Looks like you have a legit bug. I found a thread where others are reporting the same thing... I'd go ahead and submit a report with as much info as possible so you can get it prioritized.