mnemesh@charter.net
Bit poster
After numerous upgrades, downgrades, reinstalls etc, I'm down to just two issues - hopefully. Time Machine is the only reason this isn't a rant(sort of) blasting Parallels for such a poor release.
Here's the info you request:
1. Mac OS Version - 10.5.5
2. Parallels Build # 4.0.3540
3. What kind of computer - iMac
4. Total Physical RAM - 4GB
5. Hard Drives - SATA 500GB
6. If you are using a BootCamp configuration or not - Not
7. Did you upgrade from a BETA - No
8. With what Build did the problem start - 4.0.Whatever was first released
9. If Parallels Tools are installed - Yes
10. Anything you have tried to get things working - Uninstall, reinstall, upgrade you name it
11. Anything specific about your set-up you think we should know - If people didn't insist on active x apps in browsers I wouldn't need it.
12. If you are crashing, upload some crash logs - No crashes
13. If you are getting an error message type it in and then attach a screenshot. - No errors
14. If you are having issues with a specific component (i.e. mouse, keyboard, monitor) tell us what it is. - Two items to follow
First, whenever the mouse wheel is moved, the mouse loses focus in the Windows window, i.e. it switches to the Mac pointer. It's a Logitech v470 Bluetooth Laser Travel mouse. This does not occur with the Mac wired mouse but this also did not happen in PD 3.
Second, I use a Mac VPN client (IBM mobility client) and since the 4.0 upgrade DNS does not resolve properly for my company's intranet sites. I can get to those sites if I use their IP address and I can get anywhere on the internet as usual so the shared networking does work.
Fixing these two issues would be most appreciated as I'm tired of going back to PD 3 to get my work done.
Here's the info you request:
1. Mac OS Version - 10.5.5
2. Parallels Build # 4.0.3540
3. What kind of computer - iMac
4. Total Physical RAM - 4GB
5. Hard Drives - SATA 500GB
6. If you are using a BootCamp configuration or not - Not
7. Did you upgrade from a BETA - No
8. With what Build did the problem start - 4.0.Whatever was first released
9. If Parallels Tools are installed - Yes
10. Anything you have tried to get things working - Uninstall, reinstall, upgrade you name it
11. Anything specific about your set-up you think we should know - If people didn't insist on active x apps in browsers I wouldn't need it.
12. If you are crashing, upload some crash logs - No crashes
13. If you are getting an error message type it in and then attach a screenshot. - No errors
14. If you are having issues with a specific component (i.e. mouse, keyboard, monitor) tell us what it is. - Two items to follow
First, whenever the mouse wheel is moved, the mouse loses focus in the Windows window, i.e. it switches to the Mac pointer. It's a Logitech v470 Bluetooth Laser Travel mouse. This does not occur with the Mac wired mouse but this also did not happen in PD 3.
Second, I use a Mac VPN client (IBM mobility client) and since the 4.0 upgrade DNS does not resolve properly for my company's intranet sites. I can get to those sites if I use their IP address and I can get anywhere on the internet as usual so the shared networking does work.
Fixing these two issues would be most appreciated as I'm tired of going back to PD 3 to get my work done.