Downgrade 3844 to a previous version

nick2k3

Junior Member
Hello to everyone,
I've updated to 3844 few days ago and I'm having some problems with usb.
I'm running Scientific Linux CERN 4 (tested on 5 too, anyway it's a kinda of RedHat enterprise) and I have a usb device to connect directly to the VM.
When I cat /proc/bus/usb/devices my device is correctly recognized, although when I try to access it from my test programs I get a device not ready error.

Reading the changelog of 3844 I see there were some changes to USB section:
is there a way to download a previous version before anything was changed?

I really need this feature and I can't wait for a fix in the next version.
 
Hello nick2k3,

Can you please clarify what version of Parallels Desktop you want to use: Parallels Desktop 3.0 or Parallels Desktop 3810?
 
Hello nick2k3,

Can you please clarify what version of Parallels Desktop you want to use: Parallels Desktop 3.0 or Parallels Desktop 3810?

I' wanted to use 3810 and I managed to do it.I just downloaded the whole package from another site than parallels.com c|net i think; installed and run.Everything works fine, although I found out that my problem was not related in any way to Parallels update: i was trying to use my usb device from my program running with user priviledges.I tried to sudo that and everything works:)
 
Back
Top