Downloading 500+ MB File

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Paul-Davis, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Paul-Davis

Paul-Davis Bit poster

I downloaded ParallelsDesktop-parallels-en_US-5.0.9220.531002.dmg and installed it. The dmg file is about 220 MB. Well I want to buy it but when I used the link from the application it directed me to a site in germany. For some reason I can not buy it from germany as I put in my credit details twice and it still failed.

I found the novadevelopment.com website and found out I could buy an upgrade, but it says that I have to download a 500+ MB file. When I called customer service they said I could have a free upgrade if I just filled out a form. I filled out the form but it asked for a receipt and I have already thrown the receipt and box away and then moved since I bought it last month. I called customer service 4 times and they keep telling me to get the free update.

If I buy it from novadevelopment's website will I get an activation key that will work on the dmg I downloaded? I have a legitimate copy of Parallels desktop for mac 4 that I bought about 3 weeks ago, along with the original activation key. I just want to upgrade to version 5 for DirectX 9 support without spending days downloading a 500 MB file. Is it possible?

What exactly is in the 500+ MB file that makes it so much larger than the version I downloaded from Parallels own website?