Drag-and-Drop from Vista to Mac not working

Parallels build 5608 with Vista running in Pure VM with latest updates. Mac running 10.5.4 all updates. I have two users running identical setup with this problem:

having problems dragging and dropping files from Vista to Mac. I'm getting the error message: "Cannot complete copy operation. Not enough free disk space." Any ideas?

- Kristian
 
Just ran into this same problem. Same build of both vm and macos. I re-installed parallels completely and still get this error. I drag a small (1-2MB) file to my macos from my xp desktop and get that error. I am not running vista in the VM, but XP.

Brian
 
I just re-installed parallels tools in XP VM following: http://kb.parallels.com/en/4841 and still no go. I have 120GB free in MacOS 23GB free in XP, and the file is 6.91MB (yes megabytes).

Any other ideas? I have re-installed parallels on OSX, and then re-installed Parallels Tools within the VM.

Brian
 
Does the filename have any 'uncommon' (non-Western for instance) characters? Try to change the name to something ASCII (alphabet and numbers) friendly and see if that has any influence.
 
I tried to uninstall and re-install Parallels Tools, once again. I made a copy of the file and renamed it to "test" and go the same error. Then I created a blank notepad document "test.txt" and tried to copy it and got the same error as well.

Has anyone tested drag and drop with the latest build? I tried to drag to my desktop as well as another folder.

Brian
 
Back
Top