Drawing errors switching between VM's

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Jacket06, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Jacket06

Jacket06 Bit poster

I've recently upgraded to Parallels 12 and macOS Sierra. I'm running an iMac (late 2015) with 24GB RAM. I simultaneously run a Win7 and a Win10 VM, both in full screen windows.

Since upgrading, when swiping between the machines, parts of the windows don't redraw properly. I can see parts of each desktop at the same time, until redraws are complete and the windows stabilize.

This did not happen under Parallels 11 and OS X El Capitan. It's very disconcerting and difficult to work with.

Is there a fix?

Thanks,

Jack

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Jack, make sure that Optimize full screen for games option is checked.
    [​IMG]

3. Jacket06

Jacket06 Bit poster

Paul Chris,

Thank you for your suggestion but alas this did not help.

I spoke to a Parallel's representative who told me that changes in the security model of macOS Sierra is the culprit here. It prevents certain access to the screen by the VM in full-screen mode, which results in this behavior. He recommended exactly what I have done as a workaround, which is to put each VM in a space and expand the window (option+click on the green button) to fill that space. This creates some other problems for me but I can live with it.

Thanks again,

Jack

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Jack, is it possible to create a video and share it with us investigate the issue further?