Driver for Mac keyboard in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ashleykaryl, Aug 20, 2011.

1. ashleykaryl

ashleykaryl Junior Member

I am using the standard Mac keyboard that came with my new Mac Pro and it works reasonably well inside Windows 7 via Parallels, however there are a few points that aren't usable such as the CD eject key not functioning and not having access to the numbers panel. Also there is no access to the apostrophe or euro symbol for example.

Does anybody know where I can find a driver so that I get full use of my keyboard in Windows? Somebody mentioned the bootcamp CD but I have not installed Windows using bootcamp.

Edit: I forgot to add that I m getting the best success so far using the US keyboard layout even though I have everything else set to the UK.

Thanks

Ashley

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  2. ashleykaryl

I found this page http://kb.parallels.com/5965 which would probably work except that it relates to Snow Leopard and I have Lion installed. I tried it but with no luck.

Then I found this page http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4407 which showed how to get the latest drivers from Lion bootcamp onto a CD, bearing in mind there is no Lion install DVD. Again I tried this and installed the driver but it's not showing up as an available option in the Windows keyboard selection menu.

I can't be the only person who wants to run Windows via Parallels with a Mac keyboard. Any ideas?

3. aleflyer

aleflyer Bit poster

Same problem here, have you find a solution?
    Actually I have no problem in windows but I have problem inside same application in windows that recognize the keyboard as different from mine (italian).

4. ashleykaryl

No I've never found a solution to this now even after upgrading to the latest version of Parallels. Some kind of response from Parallels here might be useful though...

My keyboard is the standard Apple UK QWERTY model. I cannot use the @ key needed for emails or eject CDs for example. In fact I can't eject CDs even when using the Mac part if Parallels has been started.

5. exupser

exupser Bit poster

6. YanaYana

YanaYana

Did you try to install full Boot Camp drivers package?
    Previously we suggested to install only keyboard driver, but it actually didn't help. I made this installation several times myself while were in remote session with users - and the full drivers installation helped. Please check this statement - in case it didn't help i suggest you to contact Parallels tech support - let them know you already tried the Kb and ask to get to the 2nd tier straight away.

7. ashleykaryl

Yesterday I tried installing the full package and it worked briefly except for the € symbol, however I was able to use the eject button but only if Parallels was the active application with the Windows desktop visible. Then after a minute it stopped working at all and went back like before.

8. ashleykaryl

After many many months I finally found the solution through a 3rd party at this URL http://www.parkernet.com/applepro/ which details exactly the problem I have experienced and I'm just amazed that Parallels haven't resolved this themselves. Hopefully this will be of use to others.

9. YanaYana

YanaYana

thank you, we are going to est it in our environment.

10. ashleykaryl

The eject key still doesn't work if Parallels is active but the rest seems OK and I can now access symbols such as @, € and the £ normally. Currently I am using the wireless keyboard but it was the same with the wired keyboard before. I really just feel this should work normally for users with a British keyboard when they install Parallels without needing to look for solutions elsewhere.

11. KenMas

KenMas Bit poster

No Eject from Mac Keyboard

If you go to Windows in Parallels Start>My Computer and right click on (D): drive the select eject.

12. YanaYana

YanaYana

This should release disk from Windows - but it still occurs in your Mac Finder. Just for understanding - disk is obviously connected to the virtual machine through Mac environment.