Here's what the manual says about the "Dynamic Resolution Tool" in Chapter 5, "Parallels Tools Overview":
"With this tool, you can dynamically adjust the resolution for a Windows or Linux virtual machine while it's running. Drag the lower right corner of the virtual machine's window to resize the window and the resolution will change automatically."
The web site talks about this nifty ability as well.
Really? How? In what mode? I have yet to find this and although the manual also tells me that all tools were installed automatically for me, I don't see anything called "Dynamic Resolution Tool." I have yet to figure out how to resize resolution on the fly, and despite two formal emails to support -- as a registered user using the proper support form -- they have not responded.
The only way I know to change resolution is to change it in Windows' properties.
For the record, I'm using Parallels 3, Build 4560. My virtual machine is Windows XP Professional. And I'm on an Intel iMac with 3MB of Ram and plenty of hard drive space.
Parallels pretty much works well for me, but this would be a real eye saver to implement. Having the support people respond to paying customers would be nice, too.
"With this tool, you can dynamically adjust the resolution for a Windows or Linux virtual machine while it's running. Drag the lower right corner of the virtual machine's window to resize the window and the resolution will change automatically."
The web site talks about this nifty ability as well.
Really? How? In what mode? I have yet to find this and although the manual also tells me that all tools were installed automatically for me, I don't see anything called "Dynamic Resolution Tool." I have yet to figure out how to resize resolution on the fly, and despite two formal emails to support -- as a registered user using the proper support form -- they have not responded.
The only way I know to change resolution is to change it in Windows' properties.
For the record, I'm using Parallels 3, Build 4560. My virtual machine is Windows XP Professional. And I'm on an Intel iMac with 3MB of Ram and plenty of hard drive space.
Parallels pretty much works well for me, but this would be a real eye saver to implement. Having the support people respond to paying customers would be nice, too.