EL Captain 10.11.2 The specified CPU number is invalid, number of CPUS cannot exceed 1

ymanyesman

Bit poster
Hi,
I want to buy a MAC and am testing applications on Business Parallels and have installed EL Captain 10.11.2 on VMware Workstation and trying to install Windows 10 on Parallels and I get this error " The Specified CPU number is invalid " , the number of CPUs cannot exceed 1 , correct the value and try again. I dont find any options in Parallel settings to change the CPU value to 1.
upload_2016-1-12_16-54-7.png
What I did so far
1> Disabled multicore and hyper threading in BIOS
2> VM has only 1 CPU and 1 Core too
Please help ?

Thank you
 
have installed EL Captain 10.11.2 on VMware Workstation and trying to install Windows 10 on Parallels
Hi,
Correct me if I'm wrong please.Did you mean to say you've installed EL Captain 10.11.2 on VMware Workstation, later you've installed Windows 10 on EL Captain 10.11.2 virtual machine which was on VMware Workstation?

In that case you may need to enable nested visualization & increase the number of CPU on VMware Workstation configuration.
 
Back
Top