Eligibility for Free Upgrade to Parallels 11

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AndyB1, Aug 19, 2015.

1. JasonH2

JasonH2 Bit poster

good choice, btw, you can also find craked version pd11, and that use just exactly as same as the original one. tbh, i was using the cracked version for a month, and then i found it useful, so i bought the full version, just for supporting them,, and now, i realise it doesnt worth it.

2. Nagy

Nagy Bit poster

Same her :mad:
    I specifically bought Parallels to use Windows 10 at the end of June & i will not get free upgrade....I have to buy a new license for v11 = LOL !?
    So...Im so disappointed about parallels :/
    Parallels = its a ripp off anti-customer Company
    Only because a couple of days im not eligible for a free upgrade ?!
    My next steps

:unninstal Parallels
    :recommend all my coworkers , friends , etc Parallels its a ripp off company

RonaldD1 likes this.
  3. RonaldD1

RonaldD1 Bit poster

4. We are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the terms of tech guarantee and we will share your feedback with the marketing team. Thanks

5. JasonH2

JasonH2 Bit poster

not just here, basically all the osx forums i found, there are lots of pd users are complaining about pd's policy along with their customer service's attitude. and they all turn to VMware 8, turns out, VMware 8 can do the exactly same job as PD11, and their attitude is good, you can try a cracked version first before u buy it, and u can get discount if u are a pd user, (lol, competition). and VMware can import WIN virtual files from your PD to the VMware, so u dont need to start over again.
    so , now i'm seriously thinking about become a VM user instead of dealing with those stupid customer service here.

6. Miata_blk

Miata_blk Bit poster

Let me add my voice to the concerns expressed about your current upgrade policy.
    As a retired software consultant and long-time user of Parallels Desktop, I can appreciate your need to receive revenue for software upgrades. That's the business. On the other hand, the company needs to attend to customer satisfaction. I purchased my copy of Parallels Desktop around six weeks prior to the release of V11. It was not really all that necessary, yet I wanted to "stay current" with the software. Knowing a new version was imminent, like others, I would have delayed my purchase, spending the same amount of money for the current version.
    Maybe your policies were not intended to be deceptive and customer unfriendly, but they appear that way. I would like to request some concession for those of us upgrading your product within a more reasonable window. Thank you.

7. GDL

GDL Bit poster

I'm a graduate student who purchased and installed the product just at the beginning of this year. I saw the opportunity to try the product out because of some applications I use across different platforms. The product appeared to be promising. However, to be cut off from the privileges to enjoy the full functionality of the ONLY Parallels version that could run Windows 10 (i.e., especially after seeing that my Windows applications work more efficiently with Windows 10) in a short period of time seems unreasonable. It would appear that what I paid for with my meager student allowance is just a "glorified" trial-period-with-a-fee version for about half a year. I'm disappointed your marketing made such a poor customer-satisfaction-related decision. Perhaps it's for the profitability and sustainability of the company. I still believe, however, that customer satisfaction is top priority. I'm one who is certainly unsatisfied.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    TEREZAM likes this.
  8. Rhett1

Rhett1 Bit poster

initially I loved PD but every release that they make, i have to make a purchase which I find absurd .. PD10 might be the last for me. I'll give VMware a try and I've ok with it, I'll switch over ..

9. Ben6

Ben6 Bit poster

I had purchased Parallels 10 completely unaware that Parallels 11 would be arriving sooner rather than later and am quite disgusted that I am 4 weeks out of the eligibility period to get an upgrade to 11.

I work in the education sector and rely on Virtual Machines to be able to do my job and to be able to test forthcoming builds.

Forward thinking I believe Parallels needs to reconsider their Tech Guarantee as priority should be given to those who purchased it prior rather than the latter instead of being greedy.

10. DaveJ1

DaveJ1 Bit poster

I agree with many of the comments in this thread. I have spent a fortune on upgrading to all the latest Parallels versions and this latest seems to be a real money grab. I just bought 2 Parallels upgrade licenses on July 5th and now I have to pay for 2 more just 2 months later? Also why would they make the eligibility window for the Parallels 11 free upgrade be from end of July to October - why would anybody buy the old version 2 months after the new version comes out? If I had known I would just have to wait a few more weeks I would have held off my purchase. I feel that Parallels needs to really address their customer service issues. I am considering switching back to VMWare for good.

Very unsatisfied customer.....

Ben6 likes this.
  11. Mike3

Mike3 Bit poster

This experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. I purchased Parallels to evaluate and specifically to test Windows 10. As I am not valid for an upgrade by a few days, I am dissatisfied, and have decided to standardise on VMWare for my company. That's a lot of sales you have lost.

12. yassjohn

yassjohn Bit poster

I don't think any of the above dealings by Parallels would hold up under Australian consumer law! I have been a loyal Parallels user for many years and now all of a sudden I have to pay for an upgrade! If I don't, then the new Windows 10 apparently wont work. Maybe I will give the whole widows thing the shove anyway. Now that i can forex trade on my Mac and play video on my tv from my Mac, who needs Windows?

13. ArnoM

ArnoM Bit poster

After seven time upgrading I think I have payed enough. It would by nice to get a free upgrade.

14. CatalinT

CatalinT Member

After paying $50 to upgrade to PD10 6 months ago I can't justify another $50 for PD11. It's $100/year to operate few virtual machines!? That's crazy insane, I'm better off buying Azure VMs for much much less cost/year. At the same time, I've been looking at VMware Fusion which has better licensing terms for multiple computers and upgrade.