Email Support Sucks!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by DubWise, Mar 7, 2007.

1. bigredcndymn

bigredcndymn Bit poster

Email sucks

I hate to be a party pooper, but I have been running Parallels for almost a year, and I use it daily at work, and it runs for days on my Mac without shuting down and I have had no problems of any kind!!

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

The current conversation regards the fact that the support falls short of this. I've also never had a problem but both of us know that is not universal. And if you've been paying attention you'll know from second hand information that the support for the product has left a growing number of customers and beta testers dissatisfied.

3. b.c

b.c Junior Member

just to chime in on a few points brought up in this thread:

- I too have been waiting for a reply longer than the promised "within 3 business days" response to my email for support. After the automated response -- nada.

- I'm lucky I discovered this forum before it seems to have gone "stealth", at least from Parallels Inc point of view. At least there's some good information around here.

- my problem doesn't seem uncommon (broken Shared Networking), however it hasn't yet been solved in the forums, as best I can tell. or at least there seem to be a lot of different variations of the problem and no conclusive solution.

and so, I wait (im)patiently for some sign of life from the Mythical Parallels Support Team(MPST)

- in spite of my particular problem, I think Parallels is a great product, I don't regret buying it. it just lacks good support.

Q: can anyone confirm actually receiving an email response from the MPST(tm) ?

4. Ynot

Ynot Pro

I can confirm. :) But i'm not in support team, guys.

5. sidssp

sidssp Hunter

It is good to see someone from Parallels responding to the Parallels Support Forum and I am glad to see you busy helping out. But it also makes me wonder why the support team wouldn't respond. Can you tell me who is supposed to monitor this forum?