Enable VT on the Mac Mini.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Joshua LeVasseur, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Scott Willsey

Scott Willsey Hunter

No, you said the "fixed it" such that it would NOT work any longer, I'm saying they didn't. VT-x works fine on my core duo with all the latest firmware and OS updates.

I was using "fixed it" in the sense that you did. I was saying Apple didn't make it impossible to use VT-x, at least it works fine on my mini.

2. AlexTheStampede

AlexTheStampede Junior Member

Well, after spending pretty much an afternoon restarting the thing, to see if it worked, you get doubts. XD

3. AlexTheStampede

AlexTheStampede Junior Member

No ideas at all? I mean... Win 98 installer tells me that it should take about 67 minutes for the lightweight set up! My old pc (400mhz) took not more than 40 minutes for a full set up, and pretty much the same with GuestPC on my iBook :-\

EDIT: i decided to install Win 98 anyway, no matter how long it was going to take. And this is absolutly nuts. Software 0 till i get to the gui, and then it turns into VT-x -_-' i'm both happy and puzzled.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2006
  4. monoclast

monoclast Member

How to Enable VT-x (aka VTX) with rEFIt and vmx-var-set.efi

I've seen a bunch of instructions here for doing this; but all of them seemed to leave out one or two crucial details. So I'll try to provide those who need it a more complete list of steps to get this done. Please refer to this thread for complete instructions showing how to enable VT-x permanently on your Intel Mac:

http://forums.parallels.com/thread3273.html

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  5. bkm@lawmd.biz

bkm@lawmd.biz Bit poster

mono,

You are a god! I could not get VT-x working for the life of me. Parallels is so fast with it on! What a change.

One typo in your instructions. At step 19 you have "cmx-var-set.efi". For the next person, it should be "vmx-var-set.efi" Thanks again for these instructions that let the average user fix this.

Bry

6. monoclast

monoclast Member

Thanks, Bry! Fixed! :)

-mono

7. bergeron76

bergeron76 Bit poster

I think it very well could be. I set my mini to Never sleep and after that Parallels starting having the problem with VT-X.

Could definitely be worth researching...