Enabling DirectX?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Hoofbeat, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Hoofbeat

Hoofbeat Bit poster

I've just purchased a brand new copy of Parallels Desktop for by brand new MacBook Pro. I'm now trying to enable directX in the video tab of the configuration editor, in order that I can try and run a computer game in my virtual Windows XP operating system. I've read the pdf "Parallels Desktop for Mac User Guide" and see that I should just have a tickbox that reads: "Enable DirectX" but it just doesn't exist on my configuration editor! Help!!

2. pogi

pogi Member

You have to download the latest version from the downloads page, located here:

http://www.parallels.com/en/download/

Get the latest Parallels Desktop for Mac. If you bought a boxed version and you cant register the new one you might be able to get a new 3.0 key for free if you call or email parallels..

3. Hoofbeat

Hoofbeat Bit poster

I bought what I thought was the latest version direct from apple about a month and a half ago so I presumed it was the latest version. Its build no: 3861 and says it came out in March 2007, so I hope my product key will work without me having to pay to upgrade when I was under the impression I'd purchased the latest copy. Am just waiting for it to download now...

4. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

Im afraid you're gonna have to pay for update. The free update is only for people who bought it in mai. E-mail parallels and ask for key.

5. Hoofbeat

Hoofbeat Bit poster

Grrr. When did the latest version come out then and how come the apple store doesn't stock it!

6. billearl

billearl Member

If you purchased Parallels Desktop for Mac after May 1, the upgrade should be free upon request, as pogi alluded to.

7. Hoofbeat

Hoofbeat Bit poster

Brilliant :) I bought it in June so hopefully the upgrade should be free. Tried to download the upgrade last night but for some reason it failed. Thanks for all your help :)