Encryption and Security Specifications

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Brian42, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Brian42

Brian42 Bit poster

Hello all,
    I use Parallels personal for my Mac and I love it, and I am currently conducting a security audit for work and need to provide recommendations forward.

Does anyone have the details about the security specification and Encryption details of the software?

Thanks in advance.

2. Hi, you can check this article and also find some info in the KB article below
    http://kb.parallels.com/113060
    Please let us know if it's not that case.

3. Brian42

Brian42 Bit poster

Thank you for information, unfortunately this is not what I am looking for.
    I have to put together a Technology Control Plan, so I have rather specific questions which I was hoping was available easily. Some examples of the questions I am seeking to answer?

1. What is the encryption Scheme used to encrypt a virtual machine? SHA/ Blowfish/PGP - Encryption strength?
    2. The password to access the virtual machine, are they stored in the OSX keychain system? Can the default storage location be changed?
    3. How do I separate the traffic coming from the virtual machine, as the virtual machine itself, and Container it is running in?
    4. Is there a function to wipe off the section of the ram in which the virtual machine sits in after it is used?
    5. Have you implemented security to prevent the system from receiving a malicious update to Parallels itself?
    6. Where are the keys stored to the encrypted volume? and if I need to update/backup these keys what is the process?
    7. Is a different key generated for each virtual Machine?
    8. Is there a remote wipe function for the virtual machine? So I can remove a virtual machine but maintain the base operating system.
    9. Audit and logging of Virtual Machine use.
    I have more questions, but I was hoping there was a document that would explain most of this to me.