Enhanced Launch - Startup sets

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox Feature Suggestions' started by ConstantineK, Oct 17, 2021.

1. ConstantineK

ConstantineK Bit poster

There used to a wonderful extension back in the old days called Startup Manager, which allowed you to create sets of extensions that you could choose to start up with...And I find myself needing this again as I note that available memory to the Mac side is essential to running Windows games adequately.
    I have a 16GB M1 that I run Parallels on. In order to run games under Windows, I have to stop all other programs, quite OneDrive and all the other add-ons that normally make no difference at all while I am running purely as a Mac. When I am done, I need to restart the computer again.
    Launch allows you to open groups of applications and documents in one click. What is missing however is linking to extensions, and selecting what you need when you startup.
    I think this functionality would be useful as part of the Windows Parallels Toolbox tools - a startup manager there would also minimize memory usage for what you need.
    Bonus functionality - being able to 'launch on screen x.' There are some utilities that work, sort of; I use a lot of virtual screens to keep things organized, and I am always moving windows around.