Error 0xC004F213 - Activation windows Apple Silicon (M1) Mac

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by AnaL2, Jul 22, 2021.

1. AnaL2

AnaL2 Bit poster

Hello,
    I just bought the new iMac 24 inch M1. I installed Parallels 16 and the windows 10 insider ARM64. The problem is that I can't activate windows (see image - error code 0xC004F213). So maybe this is a silly question but do I have to buy the Microsoft Windows License? If so, which one?

Attached Files:

JuanJ14 likes this.
  2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Windows is not included with Parallels Desktop purchase, so you have to buy Windows separately.

3. DanP8

DanP8 Bit poster

Except when you talk to Microsoft about this, they tell you in no uncertain terms that they do not support use of Windows for ARM64 in Parallels running on an M1 Mac.
    This puts it back in your court as you have promoted compatibility and use. So how does someone get a license key for this product, or didn't you bother finding out before advertising your product could run it?

4. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

I have used Parallels for quite a few years and they never advertised or even implied that a Windows license was included in the purchase of Parallels. Additionally, in the case of the M1 Macs, you are using basically beta software from the Insider Program, which is not for sale at this point. I have a license for Windows 10 (not the ARM version, just the Intel version) and after I tried to get my license accepted (which didn't work), I posted here and was informed I needed a license for the PRO version of Windows 10 to activate it.

5. DanP8

DanP8 Bit poster

I did not say that they claimed a license was included - I said they claimed it would run and implied usability. And when they were asked about this issue, their standard response was - 'We don't offer a license". That does not resolve the issue, that ignores it. You had more useful information in your post than they have had in any post that I have seen from anyone at Parallels.
    For the record, I knew that the ARM64 version of Windows (beta as you called it) was a 'Pro' version because it actually said so with the license KEY that it comes with. The activation key and how to get one that works with it was in question... a question that as yet has gone unanswered by Parallels (or Microsoft) after promoting (not by Microsoft) the ability to use Windows ARM64 with their product. Just because something installs and starts running does not mean it can be used. What has made this an issue is that this version of Windows does come with an activation key that doesn't work as when you try to activate it, its response is that it can't validate the key because it can't find the validation server (or some such error message)

So, are YOU saying that a 'Windows10 Pro' activation key will work? All I need is a valid 'Pro' activation key? because throwing $200+ non-refundable at a problem that no one claims responsibility for is just not in my budget (like most people) if it will not solve the problem.

6. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

I was unaware that the ARM64 version obtained through the Insider Program came with a license KEY - which I never saw. When I click on Activation, it comes back saying "Activation State" Not Active. Windows reported that no product key was found on your device. Error code: 0xC004F213 and gives me an option to change the product key or open store to get a new license. When I Windows 10 ARM installed, I tried my Windows 10 INTEL product key and was told it was for a different version of Windows (or something like that) and I was told in one of the forums that I need a Windows 10 PRO key. And like you, I decided not to invest in the cost of the key without being sure it will work and continue to work after Windows 10 installations are upgraded to Windows 11.