When installing Parallels tools for version 4, I continue to get the message:
Error 1304: Error writing to file C\Program Files\ Parallels\Parallels Tools\SIA\ Shared int App.exe verify that you have access to that directory
The Parallels tools installations runs all the way to the final screen (copying files) , and it's almost 90% complete and then I get the dreaded Error message.
Steps I've taken to resolve the problem:
-Uninstalling and Reinstalling Parallels desktop
-downloading and installing new .dmg file provided by tech support
-Removing Parallels tools folder
-Removing Paralles tools registry entry
-Deleting Temporary Files
-Copy/Pasting the tools setup file directly to the desktop of my VM and installing it from there
-rebooting (both vm and host)
-turning off anti virus and firewall for installation
-Selecting "Install Parallels Tools" from the Virtual Machine label on Menu bar
-Using add/remove programs to delete parallels on VM. (It does show up but I get a message that there's no file) There is also no Parallels file at all on the "C" drive, programs in VM.
FYI: I'm running Snow Leopard, and WIndows XP Home Edition
I've been working on this for three days. Please, any suggestions would be most appreciated!
Thanks!
Error 1304: Error writing to file C\Program Files\ Parallels\Parallels Tools\SIA\ Shared int App.exe verify that you have access to that directory
The Parallels tools installations runs all the way to the final screen (copying files) , and it's almost 90% complete and then I get the dreaded Error message.
Steps I've taken to resolve the problem:
-Uninstalling and Reinstalling Parallels desktop
-downloading and installing new .dmg file provided by tech support
-Removing Parallels tools folder
-Removing Paralles tools registry entry
-Deleting Temporary Files
-Copy/Pasting the tools setup file directly to the desktop of my VM and installing it from there
-rebooting (both vm and host)
-turning off anti virus and firewall for installation
-Selecting "Install Parallels Tools" from the Virtual Machine label on Menu bar
-Using add/remove programs to delete parallels on VM. (It does show up but I get a message that there's no file) There is also no Parallels file at all on the "C" drive, programs in VM.
FYI: I'm running Snow Leopard, and WIndows XP Home Edition
I've been working on this for three days. Please, any suggestions would be most appreciated!
Thanks!