Error after VM Windows Update: Windows doesn't recognize my login password

GaryA1

Bit poster
My windows 7 updated today on my virtual machine and now Windows doesn't recognize my login password. I've tried some of the fixes mentioned here http://kb.parallels.com/en/114193 but I'm getting the following error:
Unable to open new session in this virtual machine. Make sure the latest version of Parallels Tools

I've tried this http://kb.sp.parallels.com/en/124079 but maybe I'm not doing things correctly as I could use some help walking through getting the getting Parallels tools updated.

Can someone please help? I need the VM for my company Quickbooks and I'm trying to finalize the books for my accountant for my tax return. I'm dead in the water right now.
 
Try booting into safe mode http://kb.parallels.com/en/118732
once you are in safe mode
you want to select Administrator
from the start menu select Control Panel
next from All Control Panel Items select User Accounts select Manage another account
select the account you need to change the password
click on Change Password
Type in new password
save changes by clicking on Change password
restart your vm

or you can make the change from the command prompt but try the above first

Also Please don't post the same question in two different areas.
thank you
 
I don't have a windows start button on my login screen using Windows 7, Is one of the keyboard keys the Windows key?
 
Back
Top