Error: "Code [02/0000000B]"

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by AlanM9, Sep 29, 2018.

1. AlanM9

AlanM9 Bit poster

Hello,

We are running an admittedly older version of the Application Server (v10. buil 1167). There have been no problems up until this past weeke when suers will intermittently get the following error when connecting:

"Code [02/0000000B]
    The Client could not access the remote application.
    The machine might be too busy to accept new connections or network problems are preventing your connection.
    Please try connecting again later."

We have two terminal servers in our farm and we are publishing the full remote desktop. It will sometimes take 2 or 3 more tries before the connection is successfully made. In my testing, I would sometimes connect 5 or 6 times in a row (connect, log off, connect again, etc.) then leave it for a few minutes, and when I try again, I would get the error (sometimes after connecting successfully once or twice first)

When I googled the error I came across an error that has the same working but a slightly different code: [02/00000003]. According to the KB article, the cause is DNS. Per the article, I tested connecting using the RDP from each gateway server to each TS and I had no issue. Just to eliminate DNS, I put the IPs and correct hosts names for the terminal servers in each gateway's local DNS file, but the error still occurs. There is another KB article for the same error that says it is due to port mismatch, but we haven't changed anything, and the RDP client connects fine on port 3389 from the gateway servers.

Pings from the gateway servers to the terminal servers do not time out at any point either (the error mentions possible network problems)

We are at a loss; not sure what else to try? The logs on the client side just have the error code I have been getting while the only error in the log on the application server is "MAC address not found", which is apparently normal when connecting from a client that is not on the same network as the application server.

Any insight or pointers appreciated. Thanks! :)

2. jpc

jpc Pro

@AlanM9 If it is "[02/0000000B]" it may be a proxy server issue.

3. AlanM9

AlanM9 Bit poster

The server is behind a NAT firewall but it always has been. We don't use a proxy server and neither do the users getting the error (we manage their firewall)

I have also been able to replicate the issue on my home connection and I definitely don't use a proxy server.

4. jpc

jpc Pro

@AlanM9 Ok. Then, like you have already found out from the KBs, it could be an connection error between the gateway and the RDSH agent.
    What version of the Parallels Client (I assume "for Windows") is being used?
    Was it upgraded recently? (maybe there is a regression, provided that v10 is not supported anymore)