Error message: Windows cannot access \\Mac\Home\Documents, followed by losing my mouse

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by StephenB11, Sep 14, 2017.

1. StephenB11

StephenB11 Bit poster

On a Windows update this morning, I was prompted to update Parallels Desktop. Doing so generated the message Windows cannot access \\Mac\Home\Documents. Following Knowledge Base Article ID: 123540, I followed the direction to Take Snapshot and Uninstall Parallels Tools. There were two entries for Parallels Tools, I uninstalled the first. When I did this, my mouse no longer worked in the Windows screen. I have searched all of the help topics and cannot find any solution. Not only can I no longer access any documents within Windows, but also my mouse does not work. What is happening here?

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You can still use keyboard. Complete installing Parallels Tools from the virtual dvd drive or you can revert to snapshot and reinstall Parallels Tools.

3. StephenB11

StephenB11 Bit poster

Thank you. Nothing happened when I tried installing Parellels Tools from the virtual dvd drive. I reverted to snapshot but do not know how to reinstall Parallels Tools. Will this repair the \\Mac\Home\Documents problem?

4. StephenB11

StephenB11 Bit poster

I should explain that following Article ID: 4841 I am obliged to uninstall the (2) existing copies of Parallels Toolbox. As I have explained, if I try to uninstall Parallels Toolbox I lose my mouse. How do I resolve this problem? I still have no access to my Mac files on my Windows screen. What do you suggest I do?

5. StephenB11

StephenB11 Bit poster

Never mind. I fixed the apparent problem by going to Actions|Reinstall Parallel Tools I can now reference files on my Mac and I have use of my mouse. I do note that there are still two Parellel Tools entries in the list of programs that comes up when I go to Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall a program.

6. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @StephenB11 , please help us with the screenshots, we will check and help you out.