Error Reaching Server

BeverlyT

Bit poster
I installed Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac. Finally got it to work and installed some PC software. Got that to work. But the PC software needs to access the internet and that's not working. I went through the Knowledgebase and tried things from that, but still nothing. The software says: "Error Reaching Server". I have tried 3 different PC software and none of them work with the internet.

My Mac is on the internet with both a cable to the WIFI and also via WIFI. I also access the printer via WIFI. No problems there.
I tried Control Panel to add a device and it sees nothing on the "Network".
Please help ASAP as I need to use these softwares.
 
Hi All, this happens only when Aliases for wrong network locations.Please follow as suggested below:
1.Quit Parallels Desktop.
2.Please go to the Mac side search for aliases created for network locations in the following directions:
~/Desktop
~/Documents
~/Pictures
~/Music
~/Movies
~/Downloads
2.Once you find them, try to open them. If you get the same error, then remove it, because the alias is linked to no longer available network location.
3.Empty the Trash.
4.If nothing is found it, probably, is already in the Trash. In that case, just empty the Trash and check if this works. Thanks!
 
Back
Top