Error when trying to print in Version 5.0 (Build 247)

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by mkaishar, May 2, 2007.

1. mkaishar

mkaishar Guest

"Your client does not support virtual printing" error comes up...

Running 2X ApplicationServer Client Version 5.0 (Build 247)

Running 2X ApplicationServer Version 5.0 (Build 247) Protocol Version 3

Thanks,
    Mark

2. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi there,

Could you pls tell us the folowing details:

1: Server's OS
    2: Client OS
    3: Are you running MS Client or 2X Client?
    4: What is written under the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\Default\AddIns\2XVirtualPrinter.

Nixu

3. tsklareski

tsklareski Guest

I'm having the same issue.

Running Windows 2003 Server SP2
    X2 client
    Windows XP on Client
    There are no entries in the registry for the 2X Virtual Printer

4. spjohnson

spjohnson Guest

I am also having this same issue when trying to print from Server Vers. 5.0 to Client Vers. 5.0

1.Server's OS: Windows 2003 SP2
    2. Client OS: Windows XP
    3. Using 2X Client, either with a published application or published desktop.
    4. On the client machine there is the following registry entry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\Default\AddIns\2XVirtualPrinter:

Name = C:\Program Files\2X\ApplicationServer Client\\2XVirtualPrinter.dll
    MaxChunkSize = 3e8
    MaxSeqChunk = 0
    OpenPrintout = 0

On the server machine there is no registry entry under the specified key.

To give more detail about the conditions in which I experience this error:

When trying to print from a published application I receive the following error message pop-up from the windows server:

'The 2X Universal PDF Printer printing agent was not found.
    Please reboot computer or re-install the application."

When trying to print from an application within a published desktop I sometimes recieve that same error message. Other times I will receive the error message:

"Your client does not support virtual printing"

5. nerdpatrol

nerdpatrol Guest

I am having a different issue completely. I attempt to print, the job appears to go through, then nothing happens...

On the server, the job sits in the print queue with a status of Printed, and the event log says the print job was successful, but nothing ever happens on the client.

Client: Windows XP with all the latest updates (except IE7) and the latest Beta of 2X client. No other universal print software loaded.

Server: Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 up to date also, freshly loaded to test this Beta version.

6. spjohnson

spjohnson Guest

Nerdpatrol:

I also sometimes see the issue you just described.

The job appears to complete, but nothing happens on the client side. On the server side the job sits in the queue of the 2X Universal PDF Printer with the status of "Printed". Looking in the server's system event viewer I see the following event:

"Document 5, Document owned by [-----] was printed on 2X Universal PDF Printer via port XX. Size in bytes: 1164; pages printed: 1"

As per my previous post, this is one of three different outcomes I get when trying to print:

1) Appear to complete and sits in server print queue as "Printed" but nothing happens on client.
    2)Error pop-up stating: "The 2X Universal PDF Printer printing agent was not found. Please reboot computer or re-install the application."
    3) Error pop-up stating: '"Your client does not support virtual printing."

I just tried a fresh install of 2X Application Server version 5.0 on a clean Windows Server 2003 SP2/Terminal Server installation, but continue to get the same results.

7. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi there,

First of all thanks for reporting these issues...

SO

1) Error pop-up stating: '"Your client does not support virtual printing."

An issue with the first BETA has been found.
    If "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client" is not found on the client 2XVirtualPrinter details are not added.

Solution Run MS TS Client at least once before installing 2X Application Server Client.

This issue is already solved internally.

2) Appear to complete and sits in server print queue as "Printed" but nothing happens on client.

We need more information regarding this issue...

Have you got a pdf viewer installed on the client machine??
    What OS are you using?? include language, service packs and any other relevant info.

3)Error pop-up stating: "The 2X Universal PDF Printer printing agent was not found. Please reboot computer or re-install the application."

Can you confirm that 2xprnagt.exe & 2XPrinterRedirector.exe are running in the user's session

Nixu

8. spjohnson

spjohnson Guest

More info for printing issues in version 5.0

nixu, thank you for the reply.

To address your comments:

1) Error pop-up stating: '"Your client does not support virtual printing."

I have already run the MS TS Client multiple times before installing 2X Application Server Client. On a new system, I checked to make sure the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client" existed before installing 2X client. After installing 2X client, I made sure that the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\Default\AddIns\2XVirtualPrinter" existed.

However I will still get the pop-up when trying to print to this client. Otherwise I will get issue #2.

2) Appear to complete and sits in server print queue as "Printed" but nothing happens on client.

I do have a PDF viewer installed on the client machines (Adobe Reader 7.0 or Adobe Standard 7.0). I will get this result whether I tell the client to open as PDF or to print directly.

On the client I am using Windows XP SP2, English language. I am trying to print to a Dell Laser Printer 1710.

I don't know if this is relevent, but the server and client are on different windows domains and on different networks.

What other information would you like?

3) Error pop-up stating: "The 2X Universal PDF Printer printing agent was not found. Please reboot computer or re-install the application."

When this error pops up, the 2xprnagt.exe and 2XPrinterRedirector.exe are NOT running. When I start these processes manually, this error message goes away and I get the results from issue #2 (i.e. Appears to complete but nothing happens on client).

I have not yet determined why sometimes these processes start automatically when logging in and why sometimes they don't start. When they do start automatically, I will either get the errors from issues # 1 or #2.

9. nerdpatrol

nerdpatrol Guest

We need more information regarding this issue...

Have you got a pdf viewer installed on the client machine??
    What OS are you using?? include language, service packs and any other relevant info.

Acrobat Pro 7 is installed on the client using XP Pro with all patches (except IE7), US English. I uninstalled our other Universal Printer Software, Print-IT. This is my everyday laptop...

Server is fresh install with Server 2003 Standard UPdated to SP2 with all the latest patches (except IE7 again), Terminal Server.

[/b]

10. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi Guys, A new beta version (253) is out.

This contains some printing fixes and better error reporting.

Can you please give it a try and report back any issues you find.

Nixu

11. BlackOut777

BlackOut777 Guest

v5.0 Build 253

Printing is busted in build 253! I just tried it yesterday and it was verified by a sales engineer as he tried it and it was broken! Waiting on a new release.

12. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi guys,

Found some other small issues in printing, they will be fixed asap.

Will keep you updated...

Nixu

13. spjohnson

spjohnson Guest

I was still unable to get printing to work in build 253. Same issue as before: it looks like it print's on the server side, but nothing happens on the client.

14. nerdpatrol

nerdpatrol Guest

Any news on this?

15. nixu

nixu Guest

UPDATE : Beta version has been moved to release....

Hi Guys,

The release verion is out, and the printing issues you have a mentioned are solved.

The version has been uploaded under the beta link, just for today so that you guys can give it a try before it goes live.

Please download it from:
    http://downloads.2x.com/AppServer-LoadB ... taversion/

If you find any issues, please do contact us.

Thanks

Nixu

16. mj23449

mj23449 Guest

I've installed the release version of the 2x 5.0 client build 261. When I try to print no matter what option I select in the client I get the following error:

PDF: Connection to IPiPDFDocument3 Failed

Any ideas????? Thanks!

17. nixu

nixu Guest

Could you please give us some details re the client and server, and can you confirm that this error is popping up on the terminal server.

Nixu

18. francorg

francorg Guest

Me too I have problem with printing.

Server Os: Windows 2003 Sp2 64bit
    Clients Os: tried with windows 2003 sp2 32bit and windows xp sp2 32bit
    2x Application Server v5.0 build 261
    2x Application Clients v5.0 build 261

On the Server I have just "2x Universal PDF Printer" installed, while on the clients I have many.

I launch the published app and it works no problem, but when I try to print from it, in the printer selection windows I see just the "2x Universal PDF Printer" and no local printer is shown.

If I chose "2x Universal PDF Printer" then I get these errors:
    "PDF: connection to IpiPDFDocument3 failed" OK
    "Your client does not support 2x virtual printing" OK

Please help.

Thank you,
    Roberto

19. mj23449

mj23449 Guest

My Server and Client are as follows:

Server OS: Windows Server 2003 SP2 64bit
    Clients OS: Windows XP SP2 32bit
    2x Application Server v5.0 build 261
    2x Application Clients v5.0 build 261

No matter what option I select in the client for universal printing I always get the same errors "PDF: Connection to IPiPDFDocument3 Failed" and "Your client does not support 2x virtual printing"

This is what is recorded in the Server event logs when I print:
    "Event Type: Information
    Event Source: Print
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 10

Document 4, SASIPrn owned by test was printed on 2X Universal PDF Printer via port XX. Size in bytes: 561488; pages printed: 1"

So the server thinks the job got printed, however on the client side I receive the errors as mentioned above instead of the job printing.

20. mj23449

mj23449 Guest

Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated!