Error while attempting to migrate PC to Mac

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by mattrpar, Jan 7, 2008.

1. mattrpar

mattrpar Bit poster

I am attempting to migrate my PC running WinXP to my MacBook Pro using Parallels Transporter. They are connected via network. I select the source computer to migrate from and then I get this error:

"An error occurred while Parallels Transporter was collecting the information about source computer. Make sure Parallels Transporter Agent runs on source computer and not involved in other migration process."

The source computer is running Transporter Agent. What is going on?

2. bhbarick

bhbarick Bit poster

May I second mattrpar's commotion? It sure sounds like we are both barking up the same tree!

How do we get the real PC into a Parallels virtual machine on our Macs?

In ages past, I've been at the bleeding edge, at each end of the phone line in different "incarnations", so this situation is hardly a novelty to me, but that was in the mainframe world. In this desktop environment, I'm a relative neophyte. However, if we can be of any assistance in gathering data relative to addressing this issue, I stand ready to do whatever I can, if you can provide me with adequate guidance and direction.

I look forward with eager anticipation to seeing this brick wall behind me, just as soon as possible!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  3. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven