Error while connecting to 2X Application Server

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by sidkapoor, Mar 9, 2009.

1. sidkapoor

sidkapoor Guest

Hi,

I am trying to access my 2X Application Server through a linux Client. The linux system is a customized busybox based system. I accessed the same 2X Application Server with client on my Fedora-8 system successfully.
    But when I connect it with the busybox based system an error comes when I try to connect to the server (giving all the correct credentials).
    The error which I get is : "An error occured when connecting to the 2X Application Server".

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Lee

Lee Guest

are you using wtsclient?

if so its most likely it cannot locate the applicationserverclient bin file on your install

3. sidkapoor

sidkapoor Guest

Yes I am using WTSClient. And also I am able to launch the session through appserverclient binary from the command line.
    Both the binaries (WTSClient and appserverclient) are in the PATH.

4. Tom Haskell

Tom Haskell Guest

hi,
    Lee do you even try to reproduce this error message? May be you did, but try to reproduce on a virgin fedora and you will exactly see what sidkapoor is saying.
    Resolution:
    1.Open the 2X AppClient by running WTSclient.
    2. Click help-> about or help-> version (I forgot exactly what it is, but you can try both of them).
    Now a message will pop up saying the specific library is not found.
    You have to install that library file.
    Repeat the process until you can access the published applications.

Or you can simply run a command to see the dependent libraries and see whether they are installed or not.

Tom

5. swim08

swim08 Guest

i am having the same problem, i have 2ubuntu intrepid installations, one machine works fine and the other i get this error message. can anyone please help?

Resolution:
    1.Open the 2X AppClient by running WTSclient.
    2. Click help-> about or help-> version (I forgot exactly what it is, but you can try both of them).
    Now a message will pop up saying the specific library is not found.
    You have to install that library file.

this resolution did nothing for me, it gave no indication of any libraries that were missing.

6. Tom Haskell

Tom Haskell Guest

Hi,
    can you confirm that when you see this error message, your gateway service on the terminal server is stopped?

Tom

7. sidkapoor

sidkapoor Guest

There is no gateway service running on the terminal server. As I said in my previous posts, I am able to connect to the same terminal server with my client (WTSClient) running on Fedora-8 Linux system and also through the Windows XP client.

8. Tom Haskell

Tom Haskell Guest

Hi,
    Its a library problem.
    run 2X Client from the command line.
    It will spit up the required libarary files.
    Not all linx distros are supported.

Tom

9. sidkapoor

sidkapoor Guest

Hi,

Got the solution to the problem. Actually the gconv module was not fully present in my system. When I tried listing the list of applications published at the server on the command line with appserverclient binary, it gave error. It was an iconv error initially, but I figured out that the root cause was the missing UTF-16.so library in my /usr/lib/gconv/ folder.

Thanx all,
    Siddharth