P
Parallels User
1. Mac OS Version - OS X 10.5.7 - Processor 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2. Parallels Build # - 4.0.3810
3. What kind of computer - iMac-24"
4. Total Physical RAM - 4 GB 1067 mHz DDR3
5. Hard Drives - Single 600 GB HD
6. If you are using a BootCamp configuration or not - I thought using Parallels meant I didn't have to use BootCamp. Have never used it.
7. Did you upgrade from a BETA - No purchased brand new 4.0 disc. No earlier versions.
8. With what Build did the problem start - 4.0.3810
9. If Parallels Tools are installed - Yes
10. Anything you have tried to get things working
On my initial installation of 4.0 and XP there were no problems. However, when I tried to update to SP2, it crashed the entire XP installation and the VM would get stuck in a loop in the black start screen and XP would not start.
I deleted the XP VM and uninstalled/reinstalled 4.0 without error.
When I tried to install XP, I received "memory could not be written/read" errors. I abandoned that XP installation and got another (valid) XP installation disc to try again.
I uninstalled/reinstalled 4.0 without any problems. When installing XP, it loaded but developed errors:
During the "Installing Windows" portion I got this error:
lodctr.exe - Application error
The instrument at "0x77f5310f" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written".
Click on OK to terminate the program
I did not Click on OK and the installation continued through "Installing Windows" and "Finalizing Installation" with the dialogue box still displayed.
XP automatically restarted and I got this error:
rundll32.exe - Application error
The instruction at "0x7752cab" referenced memory at "0xfffffff8". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program.
I had no choice but to "Click on OK" but XP started anyway and seemed to be running smoothly.
I installed Quicken (for Windows) on the XP VM and did not have any problems. However, while running, Quicken will suddenly "disappear" or be terminated without warning, losing all data. Thank goodness for back up files...
Anyway, my plan was to delete the XP VM and uninstall/reinstall 4.0 again. Any tips on making it through the XP installation smoothly?
Apologies if this has been covered but I was unable to find anything recent with the forum search engine.
Thanks
2. Parallels Build # - 4.0.3810
3. What kind of computer - iMac-24"
4. Total Physical RAM - 4 GB 1067 mHz DDR3
5. Hard Drives - Single 600 GB HD
6. If you are using a BootCamp configuration or not - I thought using Parallels meant I didn't have to use BootCamp. Have never used it.
7. Did you upgrade from a BETA - No purchased brand new 4.0 disc. No earlier versions.
8. With what Build did the problem start - 4.0.3810
9. If Parallels Tools are installed - Yes
10. Anything you have tried to get things working
On my initial installation of 4.0 and XP there were no problems. However, when I tried to update to SP2, it crashed the entire XP installation and the VM would get stuck in a loop in the black start screen and XP would not start.
I deleted the XP VM and uninstalled/reinstalled 4.0 without error.
When I tried to install XP, I received "memory could not be written/read" errors. I abandoned that XP installation and got another (valid) XP installation disc to try again.
I uninstalled/reinstalled 4.0 without any problems. When installing XP, it loaded but developed errors:
During the "Installing Windows" portion I got this error:
lodctr.exe - Application error
The instrument at "0x77f5310f" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written".
Click on OK to terminate the program
I did not Click on OK and the installation continued through "Installing Windows" and "Finalizing Installation" with the dialogue box still displayed.
XP automatically restarted and I got this error:
rundll32.exe - Application error
The instruction at "0x7752cab" referenced memory at "0xfffffff8". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program.
I had no choice but to "Click on OK" but XP started anyway and seemed to be running smoothly.
I installed Quicken (for Windows) on the XP VM and did not have any problems. However, while running, Quicken will suddenly "disappear" or be terminated without warning, losing all data. Thank goodness for back up files...
Anyway, my plan was to delete the XP VM and uninstall/reinstall 4.0 again. Any tips on making it through the XP installation smoothly?
Apologies if this has been covered but I was unable to find anything recent with the forum search engine.
Thanks