Ethernet Problems

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by schlotz, Apr 6, 2006.

1. schlotz

schlotz Bit poster

Hello Folks,

i like your Parallel Workstation for Mac OS X and Intel proc. The speed seems to be ok as well (of course not so fast as native).

But my issue is, that i can not get work the network connection. I tried to use en01 (like you mentioned to somebody else), i switched both firewalls off. Have no change to get it run. I can even not ping from or to the virtual machine.

the virtual windows xp gets always an IP address out of the right range, when i choose to get automaticly the ip address. And it shows almost no connection or not working properly.

When i try to define myself the ip and subnet mask, no error message is coming and the machine is sending packages, but nothing is coming back.

Could you please help me in this issue.

I am using a IMac G5 with the intel duo processor.

Nice would be as well if we could get run the internal webcam. Because skype under Mac OSX is not working with a camera, but skype under windows XP is fine.

Regards

Markus

2. Nadine McSim

Nadine McSim Junior Member

Please try to use wired en0 (Ethernet, not WiFi) adapter for Network bridging

3. alan

alan Junior Member

i got en1 (wi-fi) working no problem. connects to the internet fine. but i cant ping the OSX machine.

4. Craigy

Craigy Bit poster

When do you think you'll be able to add the feature to use the airport on the Macbook Pros?

Congratulations on a great product!

5. pfb

pfb Junior Member

On my first boot on my Macbook, Wifi worked fine. I was surfing the itnernet wirelessly without a problem, mounting disks from other network computers, etc.

Now I can't get it working again for love or money.

Is there some bugginess in the ethernet support in this beta version?