Evaluating Parallels

andysz

Bit poster
I am considering purchasing Parellels, but am confused by a few things I have read about it and specifically its interactions with boot camp.

Assume I have a 500GB hard drive. I want to take 100GB of that and make a BootCamp partition for Windows 8. I have a slew of PC only programs I need to occasionally use (WordPerfect, etc.). I would then install those applications on the bootcamp partition.

I then want to install Parallels.

Can I run those applications from the bootcamp partition through parallels?

Likewise, if all my data is stored in my documents folder on the OS X partition, I take it that I can access them through Parallels. But can I access and edit data stored on an OS X partition when I boot into Windows?

Basically, I'd like to keep all my data in the OS X partition, but have the option of accessing certain files I need in use in Windows in either BootCamp or Paralells.

Thanks.
 
Yes, this is very useful feature of Parallels - you can create the virtual machine based on the Boot Camp drive which actually will let you operate in Boot Camp while you are in Mac. It works like a "window" from Mac to bootcamp
 
Back
Top