Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by yuna1, May 25, 2021.
Please follow the steps outlined below to reset your password.
1. Start your virtual machine.
2. On the grub menu, press 'e' on your keyboard before the system starts booting.
3. Scroll down and locate the line that begins with 'linux' (see screenshot)
4. Move the cursor to the end of this line, just after 'ro quiet splash' and type "init=/bin/bash"
5. Press Ctrl + x to boot into single-user mode
6. Execute the following command in the terminal "mount -n -o remount,rw /"
7. Reset your parallels account password by executing "passwd parallels".
8. Type in your new password and confirm it. You should get a 'password updated successfully' message on your terminal.
9. Execute "exec /sbin/init" to restart your virtual machine.
You should now be able to log into your virtual machine with the newly updated password
Hi, did you found out what it was?
If you forget you password of Kali Linux, you have only one solution to Install OS again in the Virtual Machine. You can not reset password, bcz you will not be logged in.
Read More abut such here at EducationSpot pk
Hello, Kindly let us know if you had set a password for Kali Linux VM and now you have forgotten the password.
Just read, is asking you for a new password, not a current password
Hello, please follow the below steps:-
Step 1: Boot Kali Linux.
Step 2: Select Advanced options for Kali GNU/Linux.
Step 3: Press the e key to enter the GRUB edit mode.
Step 4: Change the boot mode to read-write.
Step 5: Inform the kernel to boot into shell mode.
Step 6: Boot Kali Linux.
Step 7: Reset the root password.
how is the boot mode changed to read-write? is there a bash command?
how do I inform the kernel to boot into shell mode? Is there a command?
this is kali-linux-2022-2 ARM64
I have the same issue with my Ubuntu 22.04 ARM64
Perfect! Many thanks.