Explanation of Paralells Download and Desktop Behavior

Hi All.

Would anyone mind walking me through the way that I should expect to have files "behave" between my virtual machine and my mac os?

I have dowloaded Safari for Windows so that I can download items directly to the Virtual Machine because it appears it I do this from Mac, something somewhere tries to recognize that I am on a Mac and it downloads the Mac version or a file or software is that right?

Also, can anyone please explain to me if I should ever need to DRAG a file directly to the Windows Desktop? I seem to think that I sometimes have to do this for an executable or even for a file sometimes and I am not sure I understand what this is doing or if there are settings that affect this.

Thanks for any info, tips or good advice. I seem to be missing something on this one.

- Jon
 
Back
Top