External LCD not using correct resolution?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jjfcpa@mindspring.com, Feb 23, 2009.

1. jjfcpa@mindspring.com

jjfcpa@mindspring.com Member

Parallels V 4.0, Macbook Pro (15.4", aluminum), Windows Vista Ultimate, Apple 24" LCD external (LED backlit).

When I initially connect my Macbook Pro to my Apple 24" external LCD, the resolution on the LCD is correctly set to 1920 X 1200. However, when I boot to Windows Vista in the VM, the resolution is set to 1440 X 900 IF that was the last resolution that I booted to instead of recognizing that the external LCD is 1920 X 1200.

If I later boot without being connected to the external LCD, the resolution in the VM is still set to 1920 X 1200 and I have to change it to 1440 X 900.

Any solution to this problem or do I have to continue to change the resolution manually?

As I recall, in Parallels V 3.0 (latest build), I did not encounter this problem.

2. Peter Canasius J L

Peter Canasius J L Forum Maven

Hi jjfcpa@mindspring.com,

Perform this when your Windows Virtual Machine is turned off.

Go to Configure => Video => Select the option " Adjust to the Host Computer Screen Resolution in full screen ".

Start your Windows Virtual Machine and check if this is working fine.

This should fix the issue.

3. jjfcpa@mindspring.com

Thanks for your reply, but I already have Parallels configured that way, but it doesn't seem to respond properly. Never seems to adjust to host machine's resolution.

4. jjfcpa@mindspring.com

If this is stump the developer, it appears that they've been stumped!