Failed to get application information...

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by mm, Oct 10, 2006.

1. mm

mm Guest

My setup:
    2X Application Server 4.1 (single server setup) Running on Win 2003 Server
    2X Application Server Client 0.99.1120 (On ubuntu 6.06)

Error message when trying to connect:
    "Failed to get application information, 2X application server might not be running."

I've confirmed that it is indeed running on t and that I can telnet into ports 80, 3389, 3390, 20002. I can rdesktop into the machine and that works fine.

Has anyone encountered (and hopefully solved) this problem? I've been struggling with it for a few hours now...

Thanks!

2. nixu

nixu Guest

Make sure you are passing the correct Application name.

1. If the name includes any spaces enclose the name in quotes. eg -a"My App"

2. If the name has any extention make sure you are incluidng it. eg -atest.exe

3. If you are publishing the application on multiple Terminal servers, make sure that the Target of the application is correct on all the terminal servers that the application is published on.

Nixu

3. mm

mm Guest

[Solved]

It seems the problem was that I was using filtering. IE Under "Publishing > Filtering tab" I had selected "Filtering by user" and then entered the user I was trying to connect with. For some reason, that didn't work. I unchecked "Allow from the following groups" and I was able to run the application.

4. mm

mm Guest

Sorry... That was supposed to say "Allow from the following user"