Failed to get Audio from Youtube

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by AndyTheJunkFoodKing, Nov 8, 2018.

1. AndyTheJunkFoodKing

AndyTheJunkFoodKing Member

Hello, i'm trying to download audio from Youtube but i get this error on every video i try. It seems in the recent update you guys fixed the video downloader but now the audio download isn't working.
    [​IMG]

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

3. AndyTheJunkFoodKing

yes it still works on SoundCloud. Youtube is my most used website tho

4. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hi @AndyTheJunkFoodKing,

could you please provide us with link to video on youtube?
    Also you need to generate technical report (open Toolbox --> press on cogwheel button --> Help --> Send Technical Data), send it and post it's ID here.
    Sometimes youtube changes the way how video/audio is stored. We need to look at the video link and your report to understand what can be done here.

5. MarkLe

MarkLe Junior Member

Just tried to download audio from YouTub, but I'm having the exact same issue. Technical data has been sent. ID = 284075997

6. AndyTheJunkFoodKing

Report ID: 284093086
    Here is the link to the audio i was trying to download:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  7. sergk

Thanks for sending technical details report. We're investigating your issue.

8. AndyTheJunkFoodKing

You guys fixed it! thank you so much!
    It's def my most used tool in the Toolbox, too bad websites change their API often. Well thanks again!

9. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @AndyTheJunkFoodKing , thank you for letting us. Glad that your issue is resolved. Please let us know if you were trying to download any videos uploaded by VEVO channel in youtube.

10. Dominik1

Dominik1 Bit poster

Hello @Arun@Parallels,
    I had the same issue as Andy. However, my problem was that the video I wanted to download the audio from was in my "Watch Later Playlist". After removing the video from the playlist I was able to download the audio.
    I noticed that the URL of the video was different when watching it from the playlist.

Hope this helps with fixing the issue!

11. AndyTheJunkFoodKing

i think they may have changed their API again. i'm not able to download audio from Youtube.
    I'm trying to download audio for this video:

Here is the ID number 294658118 for the technical report.

P.S sorry for always asking you guys to fix it so much but the Audio/Video download tools are my most used tools in the Toolbox. It's pretty much the whole reason why i have a subscription.

12. sergk

Hi @AndyTheJunkFoodKing,

> i think they may have changed their API again. i'm not able to download audio from Youtube.
    yes, we know about it and currently working on fix.
    Anyway, thanks for reporting the issue.

13. GreenAsJade

GreenAsJade Bit poster

Same again now? I get this exact message on all videos I've tried

14. AndyTheJunkFoodKing

Hi guys i know this is a difficult time for all of us but just wanted to let you know the Audio Download & Video Tools aren't working for YouTube Currently.

I've been downloading audio and video for offline use just in case my internet goes out.

This is not the most important thing right now but if you guys are able plz send out a fix. If you're not able that's totally understandable, thanks guys! :)

15. AndyTheJunkFoodKing

Never mind haha sorry guys must have been a glitch with my computer, both tools seem to be working fine.

Sorry again! :oops::eek:

16. sergk

Hello,
    glad to hear that tools are working fine for you!

17. AndyTheJunkFoodKing

i think YouTube changed their API again. I think it went down for real this time, not a false alarm like last time :D.

I've noticed some songs still work but a majority of the 1's i try give me the failed to download message.

Other sites seem to be working fine with the Audio Download Tool, YouTube seems to be the only 1 down at the moment.

As i said before i know it's a difficult time so if a fix is possible at this time it's even more appreciated! :)

18. sergk

Hello,
    could you please provide us with a link to one (or better to some) songs that can't be downloaded?

19. MartijnvanUnen

MartijnvanUnen Bit poster

Hi, I experiencing the same issues... I can't find out with which type of YT video the errors occurs. Some are from 2018 some are just a week old....
    An example YT:

I'm addicted to your tools so I hope you can fix this :)... Thanks!

20. MartijnvanUnen

MartijnvanUnen Bit poster

By the way: I also tried an audio only download with this video with the same error as result.
    upload_2020-4-10_23-28-45.png