"Failed to launch application" error

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by br_tokyo, Oct 31, 2006.

1. br_tokyo

br_tokyo Guest

First of all I would just like to say that this is a great product. It is so much more reliable than Citrix.

I am having a problem, however, with one client. I can excute all of the apps in the 2X client launcher except for Eclipse on this one client computer. Other client computers can use it just fine, and if you execute Eclipse on the sever, it runs fine as well. On this one client, when I try to launch Eclipse, the following message box pops up:

Code:
    Failed to launch application "%SystemDrive%\Eclipse\Eclipse.exe" on server 2XSERVER.  The specified file could not be found.
    Any ideas on how I might be able to resolve this issue?

2. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi there,

It seams that the issue is from the user endowment. Using the same credentials try connecting with mstsc.exe (default windows client) and run the following command. "%SystemDrive%\Eclipse\Eclipse.exe".

Probably it will tell you that windows did not to find '%SystemDrive%\Eclipse\Eclipse.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again. etc.....

What i think the prob might be is that the user does not have the %SystemDrive% local variable set correctly.

Nixu

3. br_tokyo

br_tokyo Guest

Thanks for the tip!

Yes, it does seem to be an issues with the user credentials. When I try to execute Eclipse via terminal services, it says that access is denied. So I think that clears up the issue. I just need to give the user rights.