I just made this work.
Installation worked fine for me with 1024 MB of RAM in the emulator however booting took a long time to figure out that I had to lower it to aroun 256MB.
There appears to be a bug in the AGP emulation from Parallels and the linux kernel only tries it when there is a certain amount of memory.
This is not unlike the same problem Athlons had at one time. So use the following kernel boot parameter.
mem=nopentium
This will allow you to boot @ 1024MB or probably higher if you can crank it up.
For background see:
http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0201.2/1535.html
I'm now happily FC5ing along on my Intel Mac.
Installation worked fine for me with 1024 MB of RAM in the emulator however booting took a long time to figure out that I had to lower it to aroun 256MB.
There appears to be a bug in the AGP emulation from Parallels and the linux kernel only tries it when there is a certain amount of memory.
This is not unlike the same problem Athlons had at one time. So use the following kernel boot parameter.
mem=nopentium
This will allow you to boot @ 1024MB or probably higher if you can crank it up.
For background see:
http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0201.2/1535.html
I'm now happily FC5ing along on my Intel Mac.