File Association works - sort of.......

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by RatCatcher, Oct 26, 2006.

1. RatCatcher

RatCatcher Guest

Hi,

I have come up with a fix for local file association, but it only works for the first file opened....... :roll:

For example, to associate local word documents to a published Word application, change the file association for the DOC extension to use the following:
    "C:\Program Files\2X\ApplicationServer Client\TSClient.exe" s!='<servername>' t!='80' d!='<domainname>' a!='Word 2003' p!='"%1"'

The p!='"%1"' (note the speechmarks inside the apostrophes) variable passes the filename to the TS session.

A couple of warnings - the folder structure must be identical on both client and server, i.e. the file must be available from the same location on both client and server. This is fine in our environment where users only see network drives.
    I can only get it to work for the first file opened - maybe Lee or someone technical at 2X can help here? I think it's the way 2X is session sharing on the TS servers.

Richard