File sync

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by ForbesH2, May 3, 2018.

1. ForbesH2

ForbesH2 Bit poster

For certain development scenarios on a Windows guest, it is necessary to have files located on a drive within the guest - i.e. not a UNC path mapped from the host. e.g. running a Asp.Net site located on a network share from Visual Studio doesn't work so well. Some things work, some things don't. But sometimes I want to be able to work with these files from the host (ideally without starting the VM so that the guest disk is mounted).

What I'd like to see is a directory sync/mirroring function built into Parallels, that would automatically sync certain directories between guest/host. I realise these can be achieved using various third party apps (on either the guest or host) but I always end up running into various problems with guest and/or host permissions and other (admittedly minor) pain points. Plus they cost mo $$. It would be convenient to have this built into Parallels and, frankly, would make me think that paying for the next upgrade might be worthwhile after all. The last few versions haven't exactly represented great leaps forward in terms of functionality IMO.