Firepro V3900/V4900/V5900/V7900 VT-d

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation Extreme Discussion' started by zweigoh, Sep 4, 2012.

1. zweigoh

zweigoh Bit poster

Hi

I was wondering if the above AMD Firepro (V3900/V4900/V5900/V7900) can be pass-through to the VM?

What i saw from the requirement was a generation older version of ATI Firepro.

Anyone with newer Firepro GPU pass-through success, please post here.

Thanks

2. PetarP

PetarP Bit poster

Didn't work for me as you can see from the pictures below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My motherboard is AsRock Z77 Extreme4, my CPU is Intel Core i7-3770 (with integrated HD 4000 GPU) and I have additional AMD FirePro V4900 in the system. My monitor is plugged into motherboard's DVI port (Intel HD 4000) so V4900 should be available for pass-through but it doesn't show up at all in the list. So don't bother. :)

3. PetarP

PetarP Bit poster

Scratch my previous post. It seems that it does work after all. Just make shure that your other video device is primary in the BIOS/UEFI settings and then V4900 will become available for pass-through.

4. zweigoh

zweigoh Bit poster

Wow, nice to hear that.

It's great to hear that a Z77 motherboard with VGA pass-through running successfully a VM with graphic capability.

Sure a good news to a lot of people with consumer motherboard.

If you have more time, could you post some picture running benchmark using specviewperf 11 on the Virtual Machine and update the result here?

Thanks again

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  5. PetarP

PetarP Bit poster

For the last few hours I did my best trying to setup everything as it should be but in vain.I'm able to pass-through V4900 to the guest operating system but once the AMD Catalyst is installed things are getting pretty ugly (640x480, 4 bit color). I don't know the cause nor do I want to know it anymore. I'll simply wait until such functionality is implemented in other products. Until then I'll try with "bare metal" virtualizations.
    I could post approx. 10-15 pictures describing the whole process but probably they will be erased like the ones in my previous post. So I'll try to show you only these (before and after Catalyst):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]