Flat screen resolution

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Thobie, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Thobie

Thobie Bit poster

Moin, colleagues,

I need help.

My new MacMini runs Mac OS 11.2.3. Then Parallels Desktop with a virtual machine with Mac OS 10.14 for various old software that no longer runs under Big Sur.

I work on a new EIZO 24 "flat screen monitor with a resolution of 1920 x 1080.

If I start OS 10.14 in the VM in a window, this has a resolution of 1024 x 768. If I switch to full screen mode in OS 10.14 in the window, I have the same resolution of 1024 x 768.

But now I want to increase this resolution to the full resolution of the flat screen monitor used. In OS 10.14, however, I am not offered a higher resolution for "Scaled" in the system settings for "Monitor". Not even if I select the command key when clicking this option.

The VM does not seem to recognize the monitor automatically either and uses the monitor profile of the EIZO, just like the main OS does.

Where does OS 11.2.3 store the monitor profile for the new monitor? And where would I have to copy it in OS 10.14 so that the system settings take it over?

In the Parallels Desktop settings, I can't find an option to change the resolution for the screen.

So how can I change the monitor resolution of the VM?

Stay healthy!

Greetings from Hamburg

Thobie

2. Thobie

Thobie Bit poster

Hello,

please translate with Google translator, the fixed issue:

Moin, Kollegen,

jetzt kann ich mir einmal in altbewährter Manier selbst die Antwort geben. Dieses Problem ist definitiv gelöst und ich habe genau die Monitorauflösung, die ich an meinem neuen Flachbildschirm haben wollte.

Ich bin über die Antwort in einem Mac-Forum gestolpert. Dort wurde beschrieben, dass man die Parallels Toolbox zur Lösung dieses Problems installieren müsse.

Nun, da ich Parallels Desktop zwar in meinem OS 11.2.3 installiert hatte, habe ich die Parallels Toolbox auch auf diesem OS installiert.

Mir ist jedoch erst jetzt eingefallen, dass ich die Parallels Toolbox auch innerhalb der VM, also in OS 10.14 installieren muss. Gesagt, getan. Und in der Toolbox habe ich natürlich auch die Möglichkeit, die Monitorauflösung zu ändern. Und so habe ich sie auf 1920 x 1080 geändert, wie ich sie haben wollte. Und bekomme nun das OS 10.14 im Vollbildmodus in der gleichen Größe und Auflösung, wie das „darunter" liegende OS 11.2.3 sich darstellt.

Bleibt gesund!

Grüße aus Hamburg

Thobie