Font Size of Published Application Too Small on Windows 8

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Windows' started by watkinscj, Apr 30, 2014.

1. watkinscj

watkinscj Bit poster

The font size of using either published applications, or (remote) desktop to a 2X Application Server is way too small to use. This issue only occurs on a new landscape screen Windows 8 laptop - not with any other computer in our office. For that laptop the regular fonts on the computer are regularly sized.

I tried to change some of the display settings and the Size/"Full Screen" option is shaded out from the laptop client and can't be changed. Furthermore, when logged into the server (with an Admin account) I also can't change any display setting from the 2X Admin Console under Connection Properties. I have reviewed some of the other links on this forum related to screen size problems and none seemed to help..

How can I fix the tiny font size for the 2X connection of this specific laptop? Should I be concerned that I can't change the Screen Size resolution option in the Server Console or local Windows 2X client?

Other interesting things:
    1. When the mouse pointer goes over the published application the mouse pointer gets considerably smaller.
    2. I have tried many of the website options to increase the Windows 8 font sizes
    3. I have updated to the latest 2X 64 bit client version build
    4. The font size issue appears to be only with Windows Menu bars, system fonts, etc. Going to an Internet Explorer page the fonts are regularly sized.

Thanks for any support you can provide.

2. maria.zammit

maria.zammit Bit poster

Re: Font Size of Published Application Too Small on Windows

From the 2X Client Connection Properties - click on Advanced settings and de-select the option "use client system setting" let us know how it goes

3. klaus2

klaus2 Bit poster

I have the same problem with Windows 7. The Properties with de-activiate the Client settings doesn't work. Is there anaother workaround.

Thanks Klaus

4. pfield@njsba.org

pfield@njsba.org Bit poster

I am having the same problem with a windows 8 laptop.

The check box didn't work for me.

The user can barely see the fonts in outlook, and other apps.

Any settings in Outlook that are changed (font size, etc.) don't stick.

Is there a setting on the 2X gateway or app server(s) that are overriding these settings?

5. acrowewac

acrowewac Bit poster

I am having the exact same issue. I just received a new work laptop running Windows 8 and Parallels 2X RDP - ramp. The font and menu bars are extremely small, but only in the application running through 2X. When I am outside of the application, such as email, web browser, excel, etc, everything is fine. Have you found a fix for this issue? I deselected the "Use client system settings" option under Connection Properties > Advanced Settings, but no luck.