I am trying to move from Win XP home SP3 to a new MACBOOK PRO. I want to move as much from my old windows computer as possible and then update to win 7 home premium on the MAC. The process went smoothy up to activating my old win XP version on the VM. I have not found the activation codes that came with the OEM installation many years ago.
Enter the fork in the road!
A.) Can I use the new Windows 7 install cd now instead of the old XP CD that I haven't found and end up with Win 7 installed in the VM with the rest of my ported files?
or
B.) will I have to either find the activation code for the XP version or set up a new VM with Windows 7 but without any of my files ported from the PC?
Help anyone???
Enter the fork in the road!
A.) Can I use the new Windows 7 install cd now instead of the old XP CD that I haven't found and end up with Win 7 installed in the VM with the rest of my ported files?
or
B.) will I have to either find the activation code for the XP version or set up a new VM with Windows 7 but without any of my files ported from the PC?
Help anyone???