Frustration with Support and Licensing

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by iainwhyte, Jul 5, 2007.

1. iainwhyte

iainwhyte Bit poster

Ok, now I'm upset.

I purchased a 3.0 license when the upgrade was first announced, but before it was released. I was sent an activation code from element5 and used it successfully with Parallels 2.5.

Now that Parallels 3.0 is out, I download it, dig out the email from element5 and enter the key - nope, incompatable key. Why? It clearly says on my email from element5 that its for version 3.0.

I've raised a support request and sent follow up emails. Nothing.

I used a temporary key for Parallels 3.0, but that has now sadly expired. I can't go back to parallels 2.5, because my VM's were upgraded.

Very, very very annoyed. Why is the support so utterly useless?

If I log on to the user area, I see my license details and can retrieve my activation code - it just doesn't work.

Does support read the forum? I guess I have to stop telling people what a great product Parallels is - its not being backed up by decent support...

Screenshot 2007-07-06-2.png

2. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Hello iainwhyte
    Please provide me your email, 3.0 and 2.5 key by PM.

3. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Cheers Ankou, you beat everyone to the draw.

4. sognix

sognix Junior Member

Hi,
    we're having the same problem, having purchased it from Amazon after 3.0 was out - we where assuming we would get 3.0 - got 2.5 instead! We finally got a response telling us we need to get the free upgrade from Amazon... but... uh... how in the world do we do that???

5. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Well, it is because Amazon is YOUR vendor. That is who you bought it from, it was an assumption made on your part about Amazon's goods. I am sorry you didn't get the 3.0 license, but that is really not Parallels' problem as far as I can tell.

6. fbronner

fbronner Pro

You have to communicate with Amazon.

7. sognix

sognix Junior Member

even tho the Vendor was "Nova Development"?
    Isn't that who Parallels is - or was?
    *confused*

8. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Oh, sounds like you got a 3rd Party vendor from Amazon... Not Parallels, you have to contact Nova Development, I just don't think that that is Parallels.

9. alankamen

alankamen Bit poster

same problem

I had same problem with getting registration to work
    I finally got it to work by typing in info and not copy and paste in data

10. iainwhyte

iainwhyte Bit poster

Ok, so I replied and... drumroll... Nothing! *sigh*.

11. Levoy Hurley

Levoy Hurley Member

you could have gotten a bad activation key - apparently some were sent out with bad characters. I ran across this on the Nova website - check it out.

http://www.novadevelopment.com/Support/Faq/wfm.aspx

as for anyone who purchased from Amazon, CompUSA, whatever. You also need to go to the Nova website - they handle the processing for the free upgrades, not Parallels. But Nova doesn't make it easy, so here's the link for the upgrade. I will say that they responded very quickly when I sent in the paperwork.

http://www.novadevelopment.com/parallels/free_upgrade.aspx