Full screen bug still exists in RC2

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by kaufman, May 31, 2006.

1. kaufman

kaufman Member

I have reported this same bug to you folks on every release since you added full screen support (I think beta 4). I have never gotten a reposnse, and you still haven't fixed the issue. If you are not planning on fixing this, could you please let me know so I can stop wasting my time.

When you switch to full screen mode, you change to full screen mode first, and then you update the resolution in the guest OS. This causes two problems:

1) If the resolution is smaller then the display, you get a funny looking full screen mode which then flickers a few times while it adjusts the display. Amatuer looking, but livable.

2) If the resolution is larger then the display you get a message saying that the resolution is too large for the display and if refuses to switch to full screen mode. Then your used has to manually change resolutions.

I work on an external monitor at the office and without one otherwise. I am constantly changing resolutions by hand, because of this bug.

You guys have been great about fixing other issues (except for Pocket PC support - still can't activesync), but this simple little problem seems to be something you can't or arn't willing to fix.

I have already purchased the program. Is there some way I can convince you to look at this issue?

Michael

2. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

Thanks for this detailed description, Michael.
    We will address this issue in the release.

By the way, do you have Tools installed in your guest operating system ?

3. kaufman

kaufman Member

Finally. Thank you.