Full screen

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Windows' started by Simes, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Simes

Simes Bit poster

Is it possible to show a connection in full screen mode - i.e. without the 2X window caption bar?

The remote connection uses a screen resolution the same size as the physical screen, but when it's shown within a 2X Window with a caption, the contents are squashed vertically. It's not a lot, but it's not so easy tor read for my aging eyes.

2. andrews8

andrews8 Hunter

At present all 2X Clients can be set to utilize the full local screen size, including multiple monitors. You can review these settings within the 2X Client, under Connection Properties > 'Display'.

3. Simes

Simes Bit poster

Thanks for the reply.

I'd forgotten about that configuration option. I have a separate monitor (1280x1024) attached to my laptop (1280 x 800) and like to use both screens. If I select full screen mode under the display properties, it will only open to fit the full screen of my main monitor - which is the laptop screen, not full screen on the attached monitor.

Does that make sense?

4. jpc

jpc Pro

@Simes: Note that the screen squashing is due to the "Smart Size" feature.

You can get a pixel-perfect RDP session by either (from Connection Properties > Display):
    • setting the display size to "Use available size" or
    • setting the display size to "Fullscreen" and disabling the "Embed desktop in launcher"

Using the former option will allow you to use the 2X Client to switch between different connections since the session can be embedded in the launcher.