ChristophR7
Junior Member
Hi
I'm using Parallels running Windows 11 on a MacBook Pro M1 Pro with an external widescreen display. If I run the VM in normal fullscreen mode, then you can see the normal MacOS menubar with the VM controls, but additionally, if you hover over the top edge of the screen, a grey "window" bar pops up that has a row of icons on the right side.
In my opinion this grey bar is super distracting if you want to interact with a Windows system, because a lot of controls actually reside at the top of the screen when using Windows (it very often happens, that this bar shows up, when I for example want to close a window using "X" on the top right.... and so on). Also, I think that the controls in this grey bar are mostly a duplicate of the items in the MacOS menubar.
One thing I tried was using the VM in "Optimize full screen for games" mode in order to get rid of menus at the top of the screen that I mostly never use. However, this feature seems to not work correctly for me. The MacOS menubar is not shown (win!), however, the grey control bar in my case is cut off in half (see screenshot in attachment). So this in my opinion is certainly a bug in Parallels.
Therefore, I suggest the following:
Feel free to ask questions should you need further information on my suggestion/problem.
Cheers, Chris
I'm using Parallels running Windows 11 on a MacBook Pro M1 Pro with an external widescreen display. If I run the VM in normal fullscreen mode, then you can see the normal MacOS menubar with the VM controls, but additionally, if you hover over the top edge of the screen, a grey "window" bar pops up that has a row of icons on the right side.
In my opinion this grey bar is super distracting if you want to interact with a Windows system, because a lot of controls actually reside at the top of the screen when using Windows (it very often happens, that this bar shows up, when I for example want to close a window using "X" on the top right.... and so on). Also, I think that the controls in this grey bar are mostly a duplicate of the items in the MacOS menubar.
One thing I tried was using the VM in "Optimize full screen for games" mode in order to get rid of menus at the top of the screen that I mostly never use. However, this feature seems to not work correctly for me. The MacOS menubar is not shown (win!), however, the grey control bar in my case is cut off in half (see screenshot in attachment). So this in my opinion is certainly a bug in Parallels.
Therefore, I suggest the following:
- In normal full screen mode, the grey bar with the controls on the right side should not be shown anymore and all the interaction with the VM is done from the MacOS menubar (less extent version would be to only show it while pressing some keyboard modifier and hovering with the mouse)
- In "optimize full screen for games" mode, the normal MacOS menubar should be shown while approaching the top edge of the screen while pressing a keyboard modifier key. The grey top bar should not be shown at all.
Feel free to ask questions should you need further information on my suggestion/problem.
Cheers, Chris