Future MacOS won't support Parallels?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MaxA3, Nov 3, 2021.

1. MaxA3

MaxA3 Bit poster

After updating to macOS Monterey I got a popup message that said "Existing software on your system loaded a system extension signed by Parallels International GmbH, which will be incompatible with a future version of MacOS. Contact the developer for support.". What does this mean? Why won't MacOS support Parallels? Won't I be able to run Windows with parallels anymore?

MatthewR20 likes this.
  2. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello @MaxA3, please provide the screenshot of error , please generate a Technical Report ID following the instructions from this Knowledge base article and provide us the 9 digit technical report ID here for further investigation. http://kb.parallels.com/9058. Thanks, Parallels Team.

3. MaggieA1

MaggieA1 Bit poster

I also received the same message today but did not have a chance to take a screenshot.

4. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, you can ignore that message. However we would like to inform you that selective Apple Hypervisor will completely eliminate the need to load Parallels system extensions. Please refer to https://kb.parallels.com/124907 know more.

5. MaureenV1

MaureenV1 Bit poster

I just upgraded to MacOS 12.1 and received the incompatibility message. I checked to insure that Apple was chosen as the hypervisor. It is. Now what? Thanks.

6. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, you can ignore the message. As already Apple was chosen as the hypervisor so you do not need to worry about anything.

7. Andrew39

Andrew39

2 years later, I'm still getting this error message. I don't want to ignore it, I want the issue fixed. Please provide instructions to remove the system extension so the error message is never shown again

8. BFW19

BFW19 Bit poster

I'm with Andrew39. This error is still being propogated. If there is no real problem, I believe Parallels has an obligation to resolve it and inform users so we no longer see it.