Future Parallels Updates? Pay, or included?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by chosenken, May 24, 2006.

1. chosenken

chosenken Junior Member

Hi! I have been using the Parallels Desktop on my Mac Book Pro 15" 2.16 Ghz 1 gig system, and it is great! So great, that I'm gona pre-order! But, I have one question. When I order, will that include me in furture updates to the program? Like, will I recive a year of updates, or a lifetime of updates, or any updates? I would like to know before I pre-order.

Thanx!

2. John the Geek

John the Geek Member

I can't speak for the developers, but traditionally a license includes all minor updates until the next major release. Basically, all the bug fixes for a while until they eventually add new features, then it's usually an upgrade.

But for such a great price, I can't imagine an upgrade would be too expensive either. Still, this version isn't even out yet (Mac version), let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

=)

3. chosenken

chosenken Junior Member

That is more or less what I was thinking. I was figuring they would offer something like for one year all updates, then after that you have to upgrade. Anyways, I am looking at just getting it. Thanx for the reply!

4. constant

constant Forum Maven

With the Linux version it has been the case that x.0 versions are pay for, and x.x versions are free.

If your initial purchase is an x.x version, you will pay for that.

Last edited: May 24, 2006