[Game] Non-updated ATI Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by XavierFolio, Jul 7, 2007.

1. XavierFolio

XavierFolio Bit poster

Hello!

Im using a MacBook Pro with a ATI Radean X1600 graphic card and im traying out some games using Parallels Desktop 3. The problem is that im getting a lot of graphic problems cause, according to the game, my ATI Drivers are "out of date". I tried to install ATI Drivers in the Windows VM and i couldnt, cause the driver installer didnt recognize the graphic card on the VM and it didnt let me install the drivers

So, im kinda lost. I dont really know what to do... Any ideas?
    Thx in advance.

2. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Hello XavierFolio
    You can't install the ATI driver on your VM. Parallels Tools already contains all necessary video drivers.
    Did you try to enable DirectX support in Configuration->Video?

3. XavierFolio

XavierFolio Bit poster

Yes, i already did. I can play, but the game shows some graphic anormalities, and the quality of the graphics is far from good, considering that my MacBook Pro has a pretty good video card (ATI X1600 128mg).

Is there any option in Parallels to config the graphic settings? Like Direct3D and OpenGL? Even a little?

4. Ankou

Ankou Guest

XavierFolio
    Please keep in mind what Parallels Desktop 3.0 is the first released virtualization software to deliver 3D support to the Mac. There are still some limitations on using the 3D support.
    The current version have been tested with and has the confirmed 3D support for the limited number of applications listed in the Release Notes (Macintosh HD - Applications - Parallels - Release Notes.pdf). It doesn't mean that the program not in that list won't run, but we can't guarantee the 3D support for it.