game performance in paralles 5

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by fabforrest, Nov 4, 2009.

1. fabforrest

fabforrest Member

the following quote from an article on the new version. true?????

Parallels says that graphics performance in games and 3D applications is seven times better than the prior version of Parallels

2. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

No, not really. In fact sound is a bit more choppy.

3. ZakA

ZakA Junior Member

My game won't run at all now because of prl_umdd.dll which is the new video driver as far as I can figure(prl_vmdd.dll was the old one) It seems this driver needs more work if things are choppy for some games, especially ones that ran better before.

4. DrKarl

DrKarl Member

Under XP Pro SP3, graphics performance is WORSE - much worse. A simple 2D CAD file viewer - that had instantaneous response in Desktop 4.0 is now flickering when you drag the window or try to zoom, and has odd graphics artifacts appear.

A big step backwards so far.

Under Windows 7 RC, the Microsoft performance thingy claims way faster graphics, and indeed Aero now works ... but trying to use an OpenGL 3D graphics app resulted in poor performance and crazy blocks of lines on a black background appearing over the images.

5. JethrynF

JethrynF Bit poster

Significant drop in game performance. Can't see why at the moment.

6. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

I just thought of trashing my Parallels prefs... I trashed all of them, both from system/library/preferences and from user/library/preferences. Mind you keep the licenses.xml in system/library/preferences/Parallels. After restarting, you need to reset all your prefs of course. This helped me get rid of the choppy sound during streaming; I'll test a game soon.