Getting message There are no virtual USB host controller ports available.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop 16 for M1 Mac Technical Preview' started by MickeyA1, Jan 25, 2021.

1. MickeyA1

MickeyA1 Bit Poster

I am running Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview(21296.1000) via the Parallels Technical Preview - latest update as of this writing. I am trying to connect 2 USB devices to this VM. One is a weather station via Acurite PC Connect software and the other is a Uniden Scanner - basically shows up as Comm Port 3 in the ProScan software and Device Manager. Both work fine independently. However, when I try to connect both by going into the USB Controller and selecting both of them I a get the message as follows.
    The USB device cannot be connected.
    There are no virtual USB host controller ports available in "Windows 10" for the "Chaney Instrument #2" device to be connected.
    The Comm 3 port is already selected and in use when selecting. I can see it in the Device Manager. Interestingly when I only have the Chaney Instrument connected, I have not been able to find in the Device Manager. Not sure where it is really hiding as I thought it would have been a comm port as well. I know from the old days, you could run two serial device as long as they were either on 1/3 and 2/4. I even suspected something like this but not finding the Chaney basically was telling I couldn't change the port. Anyways - this message is from Parallels Desktop and not Windows.
    Any ideas and thoughts would be appreciated? Do I really have a need to run both at once - not really - I just feel challenged.

--Mickey A

MikeB39 and huac like this.
  2. MikeB39

MikeB39

In the same boat here. Disappointed that support hasn't been more active in helping us understand the issue. I will 'watch' this post!!

MickeyA1 likes this.