Global Mac Shortcut not working within Parallels VM

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by FabianoCastello, Oct 27, 2022.

1. FabianoCastello

FabianoCastello Bit poster

Grettings.
    I hava a global shortcut on Mac (Command+CTRL+W) that brings my WhatsApp App. It was created using Mac Automator/ services shortcut. It works like a charm, EXCEPT within my Win10 Parallels VM. I tried changing shortcuts in preferences but the thing I got was messing what was once working fine. Can you help me suggesting a course of action? I want to press Command+CTRL+W to activate a mac global shortcut. Just in case: (a) this is not a keyb map problem; my CTRL-C/CTRL-V works fine on VM, the same way they work on Mac; (b) I did not upgrade yet for Ventura.
    Thanks.

MatthiasE5 likes this.
  2. MatthiasE5

MatthiasE5 Hunter

I have the exact same problem.
    I would like to have a certain shortcut (using mac automator / services / mac keyboard settings) cause Firefox for Mac to show up. It works nicely, but there seems to be no way to tell Parallels that that shortcut should never be sent to Parallels/the VM, but to the Mac OS host.
    Could you please add the option that the user can assign a certain keystroke not to be TRANSFORMED to a different keystroke and then sent to the VM, but to be BLOCKED from being sent to the VM? This would be very helpful.